Thursday

Back from Alaska!

ink and watercolour, 4x6"
This is a very quick sketch/demo that I did for our newly made cruise friends Maggie and Lynn on the last bit of daylight on the last night of the cruise home from Alaska-talk about procrastination. Our trip was lovely and I had a great time with my Mom. The highlights of our trip were a beautiful sunny day in Juneau for a whale watching tour and meeting great tablemates John, Maggie, Anne, and Lynn, whom we hung out with the whole cruise. I hope to create some paintings from the multitude of photos I took on the trip. Painting from the ship while we were travelling proved to be impossible as it just went too fast, and there was so much to see and do in port that I only did one oil while in Ketchican, which I will post tomorrow.
Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. You do great work. I love your watercolors. Would you be interested in exchanging links? My blog is:

    http://austinmaloney.blogspot.com/

    My email is:

    amaloneyart@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great demo only we left it far too late in the cruise. I am so looking forward to buying your DVD Sharon and trying it out. This even looks like the cliff we picked out and it wasn't completely finished when we went to the floor show on board.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog through Carol Marine's. Your artwork is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Sharon
    I have looked for your blog at technorati..
    have you claimed it yet as I cannot add your blog to the list until you do that..

    ReplyDelete