Tuesday

Gone on holidays!


Well, I am off to cottage country in central Ontario for a few weeks, so won't be able to post for a while. We don't have internet at the cottage, nor a TV or even an indoor bathroom! It isn't really roughing it though, as we share a great place on a quiet lake (Big Hawk Lake if any of you know the area around Minden, ON). The cottage is only accessable by boat so it keeps the number of cottagers down and the lake pristine and clear. It will be a great time of relaxation and lots of time to visit with family. All four of our kids will be joining us for some part of the time, as well as Dave's brother and his family from Myanmar. The holiday culminates in a family reunion with people coming from all over North America. Needless to say I won't be getting much painting in, but I am going to take my pen, watercolour kit and sketchbook, and plan to get a number of studies done. Perhaps a bunch of cloud studies as I lay on the dock in the sunshine...

I will leave you with a watercolour that I did a number of years ago of the cottage.

Until August, have a wonderful summer holiday.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment