Tuesday

A Grande Prairie Adventure

"Trembling Aspen", watercolour, 16 x 12"
SOLD  
 
This past weekend I taught a three day workshop in Beaverlodge, 30 minutes outside of Grande Prairie. It was held at the homestead of well known Alberta artist Euphemia McNaught (1902-2002) which is being restored by the McNaught Historical Preservation Society. The workshop was titled "Watermedia -Indoors and Out", but we only worked with watercolours outdoors, and we did some pen & ink and watercolour sketching as well. This is my first demonstration painting. It has been a while since I have painted such a large watercolour outdoors in the sun and the wind, but all in all I think it turned out OK. The participants loved to hear about the 'joy of S.E.C.s' -pronounced 'sex' so you can remember -to work the Shape, Edge and Colour of an object in that order. (see my DVD for details)
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment