Wednesday

"MacArthur's Shore", plein air oil landscape painting, Sharon Lynn Williams

"MacArthur's Shore", plein air oil painting on board, 9 x 12"
$575 framed in a dark plein air frame or in a wood frame with a linen liner, FREE S&H

This is the last painting I did at O'Hara, and also my favorite. I love Lake MacArthur, the largest lake in the O'Hara area, backed by a neat glacier, although it is a bit of a slog to get there as it is quite high up. The water is the deepest turquoise colour I have ever seen, but it is moody as the colour changes with the weather. We had an amazing 4 days there, with no clouds during the day, which made it much easier to paint as there were no cloud shadows to obscure the forms. I will post the rest of the paintings I did there in the next several days.

I want to say thank you to all of you who came over to view my blog at the suggestion of Carol Marine. You comments were very kind and encouraging. I hope you will stick around for more.

Enjoy!

To purchase this, or commission your own painting, please email me.

9 comments:

  1. Love your art work and so happy to have found you and your blog. I did find you through Carol and really love her work too. I feel doubly blessed. Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon, I really enjoyed looking at your work and all your Lessons learned from Carol's workshop. I hope to take one of her workshops someday and it was interesting to see all that you learned. Happy painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors on this one. Great trees too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. Your paintings are the inspiration that was needed to complete the work for the upcoming show. I was half way through painting the 25 paintings for the gallery when my brain went dead. Carol pointed to your blog site and the work has started again. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sharon! I am also thrilled that Carol Marine shared your blog with her followers. THank you for sharing your lessons from her workshop--very helpful. The painting you posted this morning is beatufiful--it is lively and has a lot of rhythm. Lovely color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Terry! I am glad that I was able to inspire you. Good luck with your show -send me some pics?
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed reading your lessons and seeing your beautiful paintings. Carol Marine is one of my favorites. So glad I found your blog for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. having just taken my second workshop with Carol, I appreciate your 16 lessons.
    Your paintings are beautiful. You really have it down.

    ReplyDelete