Monday

New Plein Air Oil Painting by Sharon Lynn Williams

"January View", plein air oil painting, 8 x 6"
$325 framed, FREE S&H

I did get out to paint on Friday before the big melt we are now having. This is a spot close to my home on the western edge of the city. I think I am happier with the leafless trees in this attempt. Several cars slowed to see what I was up to, but nobody bothered to get out of their cars to get a closer look. Calgarians are still not used to having plein air painters in their midst.

I spent the weekend cross country skiing into Lake O'Hara with a bunch of new friends. I just love this place, and have only been there in the fall, so was quite excited to see the view in the winter. Unfortunately it was cloud covered the whole weekend, but on the upside, the temps were only around -10C, which made skiing around quite pleasant. You ski up the road for about 14km to get to where we stayed at the Elizabeth Parker hut. I was pretty tired after that, but on Sunday we did a tour of Mary's lake (where we had to break trail) and then around Lake O'Hara itself. I convinced my fellow skiers to climb up to the icefall at the back of the lake. I took some amazing photos, which I hope to paint from one day soon. Would have loved to have had my paints with me then and there. So now I am recuperating :)

Enjoy!

To purchase this, or commission your own painting, please email me.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice. I like the blocked in areas of bold paint and cool colours. It sounds like you are having a wonderful time in the snowy weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon, I love the simplicity of this, it is very striking!

    ReplyDelete