Thursday

"Back On The Elbow", watercolour painting by Sharon Lynn Williams

"Back On The Elbow", watercolour painting, 11.5 x 9"
SOLD

This is a revisit of a subject that painted over 10 years ago. In my watermedia classes, we are on a unit of abstracting subject matter. I chose to simplify and angularize the shapes to make the image more abstract, as well as playing with the application of colour. I think it turned out kind of neat.

I am thrilled to once again be chosen to exhibit in this spring's Calyx event. I have to get my list in by Wednesday so I am really scrambling to get my paintings framed and ready. Somehow, I prefer them just all sitting on the shelf in my studio, making them is the fun part, but one does have to buy more supplies and frames...

Enjoy!

To purchase this, or commission your own painting, please email me.

3 comments:

  1. THis is great....really pleasing natural greens....I just had a Neg/Pos workshop last weekend...so I am seeing everything in the "negative"....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Negative painting is great -thanks for you kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your colors are lovely and fresh and the painting is lovely.
    Jean

    ReplyDelete