Thursday

"Canola Skies", plein air oil painting by Sharon Lynn Williams

"Canola Skies", plein air oil painting, 9 x 12"
$595.00 framed, FREE S&H

This is the second painting that I did in the canola field, same field as yesterday's post, just turned 90 degrees to the west. I tried to capture some of the the same energy in the sky as I got in the close up canola on the last painting. Great fun.
My friend Liz posted a lovely and moving video of Texas artist Virginia Vaughan (for some reason I couldn't copy the code for the location, but you can visit Liz's blog and get to it from there -and enjoy Liz's work at the same time!). Virginia painted her last 365 days on her family farm, before the developers moved in to turn it into more of suburbia. It could not have been more timely, with my postings of these paintings of the farm which is about to suffer the same fate. It really touched my heart, and resonated with why I love to paint on the land. It gets into your soul when you paint it -almost like a lover.

Enjoy!

To purchase this, or commission your own painting, please email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment