Friday

"Fish Creek Winter Colour", plein air oil painting by Sharon Lynn Williams

"Fish Creek Winter Colour", plein air oil painting, 9 x 12"
$595.00 framed, FREE S&H

Another plein air day, this time at Fish Creek Park by Bannister Road. I painted this from the walking bridge, which was one of the only places to set up that was in the sun -as it was a cool -6C, that was important. Interested walkers and joggers stopped to ask questions and to admire the progress. You could tell one or two might have painted themselves, and were impressed that I would paint out in the cold. The paint is a lot stiffer in the cold, so a palette knife really helped. This is my second painting on black gesso, and I think I really like it -forces you to get the values in correctly and quickly.

On a positive note, I just found out that I got two paintings selected for the Richeson 75 Small Works book that will be coming out this spring. They said I missed being selected for the show by a hair. Oh well, next time. I will post the link when it goes up on the Richeson site.

Enjoy!

To purchase this, or commission your own painting, please email me.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the Richeson Show. I was befuddled by the sizing requirement and gave up :(
    Maybe next time I'll persevere.
    Anyway, I love this piece and the one above.
    Would you post a WIP on black gesso?
    I have some but haven't used it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Mary. Good idea for the WIP on the black gesso. After Christmas I will try to do that.

    ReplyDelete