Wednesday

New Plein Air Oil and Good News!

"Winter's Colours", 8 x 10" plein air oil on board
$200 unframed plus shipping and handling, click here to purchase

This is one of the 'car paintings' I did recently (the first one was SO ugly I had to scrape it off -now THAT felt good! -the scraping, not the original mess I made -so much for not painting for 1.5 months!). I have always struggled with how to depict all those leafless trees with all the billions of tiny branches. I decided in this one to go for design and shape, and I REALLY like it. What do you think?
 This is the scene that I painted from -see all that texture???? Way too finicky for this girl. Kind of spruced up the colour a bit also : P (those colours WERE there, just much more subtly)

The good news is that one of my demonstration articles has been published by the Opus newsletter. Go here to see the article (if you want to see more photos and further directions, go  here, here and here on this blog!) The bad news is that they titled it as an oil demonstration, which it definitely is not!

Enjoy!

To purchase this painting, or commission your own painting, please email me.
Share |

1 comment:

  1. I really like the way you added color to this winter scene. Great impact.

    ReplyDelete