Monday

Plein Air Oil Painting by Sharon Lynn Williams

 "Sun Spots", 12 x 12" plein air oil on board
SOLD

This was one of the last plein air paintings while the leaves were still on the trees. The day was overcast but every once and awhile, the sun would peak out and illuminate an area, and boy did that ever grab my attention. So I thought I would give it a whirl and see if I could recreate what it felt like. Tricky as I had to remember a lot of information on what happened to the colour with the sunlight hitting it, and how much degree of value change occured. Challenging, but very fun!

Enjoy!

To purchase this painting, or commission your own painting, please email me.
Share |

3 comments:

  1. Very eye-catching, Sharon! And beautifully accomplished. Wish I could read light like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Leslie -I didn't know if I could do it either! Just goes to show you that you can't if you don't try...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oil paints are slower drying than other forms of paint because they are made of small particles of pigment that are suspended in a drying oil.

    ReplyDelete