Thursday

"The Colours Of Winter", watercolour by Sharon Lynn Williams


Share |

"The Colours Of Winter", watercolour 18x18" image
SOLD

I did this watercolour for a demo a couple of months ago, and realized I never posted it. I hadn't painted in watercolour for a long while, and all the time I was doing the demo, I kept asking myself "This is SO cool -look at the way the colours run and puddle -why did I stop doing this???"
Sometimes I just feel the need to work in another medium, and I remain adamant that the way I have grown as an artist has been to try everything -one medium always informs the others. For instance, to learn about design, take time to do abstracts; to learn about pattern, take time to do some collages, etc
Enjoy!

To purchase this painting, commission your own painting or contact me to do a workshop in your area, please email me at williamsdotsharonatshawdotca (insert characters for the dot and at!)

3 comments:

  1. Sharon this is gorgeous, great rich colours especially the darks. I'm curious about how you did the tree branches -- is that ALL negative painting?

    I've also enjoyed your exploration of encaustic!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon, this painting is amazingly beautiful. And what is even more amazing is that you are able to paint in so many different media with such skill. I am enjoying your blog, and looking forward to more-- especially your Italian series to come!

    ReplyDelete