Thursday

New Solo Show Opens

My new solo show, "En Plein Air" opened last night at Arts on Atlantic Gallery here in Calgary. It was a wonderful evening with lots of friends and wine, not to mention quite a few sales. Having a solo show is a great opportunity for the artist to see the fruits of their labour, all framed and hung together, a whole body of work where each piece speaks to each other. The differences in feeling that the various paintings have is due to the level of excitement that was felt that day, the degree of connection I felt with my surroundings, and the weather! It was an incredible 6 months of painting -I can't wait for spring!
If you are in the Calgary area, please be sure to drop by the gallery and see the show. It will be up until Christmas, with extended holiday hours.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I'm sorry I never got to attend, it was my daughter's parent/teacher that night...but I definitely plan to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Sharon on your show.
    Nice watercolours.
    I found your blog very intersting.
    Regards
    Trevor Lingard

    ReplyDelete