Friday

New Acrylic demo

"Costal Colour", acrylic, 14 x 10"
SOLD  
 
This is the demo that I did for the Chestemere workshop yesterday. I used fluid acrylics on watercolour paper. Fluid acrylics are fabulous for artists with a watercolour background, as they can be used with traditional watercolour techniques (except lifting), and then can be used translucently and opaquely like traditional acrylics. They also have the advantage that the colour dries as rich as it was when it was wet. I used a split complimentary palette of DaVinci's Leaf Green fluid acrylic, Golden's Dioxazine Purple fluid acrylic, and Grahams' Cadmium Orange tube acrylic (you can use tube acrylics like fluids by diluting them with water -just make sure to use an absorbant surface). I am off to teach my watercolour workshop in Edmonton, so will post when I get back, when I will post the value drawing for this painting and a previous version I did in a different colour scheme.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment