Saturday

new demo painting and upcoming workshop

This was my demo for my Wednesday morning watercolour class -similar class to my Tuesday night one. Doreen volunteered her drawing for the demo, thanks. More pure colour, wet juicy paint and single application of colour creating the luminosity. I should have taken more care with the label on the bottle as it kind of flattened out the shape too much -the text should have followed the contour of the bottle better. Suggestions of detail are a bit tricky when working wet-on-wet, if you overdo it you lose the spontenaity; and if you are sloppy, it shows! Also the top of the bottle is somewhat less than symetrical -however it was the application of paint that I was most concerned about showing after all.

I wanted to let you know that there is still room in an exciting watercolour workshop I am teaching next weekend, February 21 & 22, in Edmonton, Alberta. Please email Gisele at cava@shaw.ca for more information. This could be YOUR opportunity to be a loose woman (or man).
Enjoy!

1 comment: