Monday

Mixed Media/Collage Workshop

This weekend I had the pleasure of teaching a collage workshop to a lovely group at the Parkdale Nifty Fifties. Many of the artists are from the Bow Valley Calligraphy Club, some had little painting experience, while others were exhibiting artists. I love teaching this kind of workshop to such a diverse group, as each one has different insights to offer. We spent the first 1 1/2 days dying and decorating tissue to use for collage, and then spent the remaining 1 1/2 days making abstract paintings with the papers. No one really fully completed a painting in that time, but here are some very encouraging starts! (click the photo to see it larger)

This is one of my paintings that I did as a demo during the workshop. I really like this piece, and I think it is finished. I will have to live with it a while to be sure, but it is called "Expressions of a Long Awaited Spring", 12 x 12".
I will be teaching this workshop for Leading Edge Art Workshops in Winnipeg, MN on May 22-24 if anyone would like to see how much fun this really is.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment