Wednesday

"Irises" -new watercolour

"Irises", 10 x 22", watercolour
SOLD  
 

This is a demonstration painting that I did for my advanced watermedia class. It was made with no drawing, just handling a 1" flat brush in a calligraphic style and then puddling in colours. In painting the leaves sometimes I dipped each edge of the brush in a different colour and made the twisting stroke, which gave me the twisted leaves. Reds are really difficult to photograph, the reds in this painting are actually more vermilion than rose coloured.

This painting will be one of 15 of my paintings that will be shown at the upcoming Clothesline Art Sale and Festival at the Leighton Art Centre on Sunday, May 31st from 10am to 4pm. This is a unique art event where artists hang matted artworks from clotheslines in tents on the Leighton property. Sales are brisk so try to come early for the best selection -having said that there is always an incredible amount of great art left at the end of the day. I will be there all day doing live demonstrations, so if you can come to this wonderful event, please stop by and say hello.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I really like your art--not sure how I came to your site, but I'm glad I did! Your work is lovely!

    ReplyDelete