Tuesday

Acrylic En Plein Air?

"Spring Fling", acrylic on paper, 12 x 16"
SOLD  
 
This is my first attempt to paint en plein air with acrylics. I used a watercolour block for my support, and boy did I struggle. I began the painting much like a watercolour, but things were just drying like crazy in the breeze and sun. It was a joy to go back in with more opaque passages though. I love the way that acylics do not dry lighter as watercolours do, sometimes they even dry a bit darker. I will have to tweak my set-up and try again.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sharon this is nice, very fresh and spontaneious. Was this done on your way home last Friday?
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I like the deep blue the sky has retained. Were these open acrylics? I feel hurried enough doing watercolor outside... brave.

    ReplyDelete