Tuesday

Plein air watercolour

"Griffith Woods", plein air watercolour, 12 x 16"
Just to round out my plein air media, here is one that I did on a lovely sunny day in a park called Griffith Woods Natural Environment Park in Discovery Ridge in SW Calgary. I was introduced to this wonderful park by my painting buddy Rex Beanland, and we had a great day painting there. I have only ever put a dog in a painting once, and that was an oil so I could mess with the shape. In watercolours, you get what you get -I hope I have not offended any dog owners out there! I tried to keep the figures subdued so as not to take away from the beauty of the spot.

FYI I have a painting in the Stampede Art Auction this Thursday night -click here to see my painting. This is always a very nervous time for artists, especially in this economic tightness. Please send up a prayer for bidding war on my painting and I will let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment