Wednesday

"Boats at Ghost Lake", plein air oil painting

"Boats at Ghost Lake", 16 x 12", plein air oil painting
We have always owned sailboats, so this was a pleasure to paint. I am a firm believer that you can't paint something you don't know, and that certainly goes for boats. The yellow boat had its jib in a pile at the front of the bow, but I left it off for the sake of the composition. Although the boats were moored they kept twisting in the breeze, so it was fun to catch the boat at the right moment as it moved through its arc.
I won't be posting for a while as we are off camping for the weekend in Sylvan Lake. Dave will leave me there so that I can attend the Carol Marine oil workshop on Monday to Friday. Yipee! I am so excited to work with her and learn all I can. We are supposed to have a couple of days plein air and the rest on still life, from life. I will try to post when I get back on Friday.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment