Monday

"At The Crossroads", plein air oil painting landscape, Sharon Lynn Williams

"At The Crossroads", plein air oil painting, 11 x 14"
SOLD

I don't know why I just had to paint this scene, but I did. The painting took me quite a while, with most of it spent trying to get the perspective right on the road which was curving towards me while going downhill. Very tricky, but I think it is right now. The 'for sale' signs beneath the trees caught my eye as a nice story, you know, crossroads in life, do I buy that new house or not...

Workshop Lesson # 15: Get the motif in the drawing at the very beginning, thereby capturing what is most important to me. Then focus on the act of painting a story in a pleasing design rather than getting caught up in the details contained within the actual scene. If I have to get caught up in the scene, I should choose ONE thing to do that in. So deciding what it is that I am most interested in, and simplifying the rest will give the painting focus.

I am off to Lake O'Hara for 4 wonderful days of plein air painting, so be sure to stay tuned to see the results of my quest. The forecast is for good weather, and I am hoping they are right. This time of year it could be very cold and blizzardy. Wish me luck.

See you again on Friday!

To purchase this, or commission your own painting, please email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment