Friday

"Through The Trees", plein air oil painting

This is our group painting at Anderson Farms just outside Benalto. That is Carol demonstrating in the teal sweater. This was a lovely day with great weather.

"Through The Trees", plein air oil painting, 6 x 6"
SOLD  
 
This is my second painting from our plein air day, done very quickly at the end of the day. I was concentrating on making interesting shapes filled with interesting colour, with interesting edges and no detail.
Workshop Lesson #4: Look at the forest, not each individual tree! I have a tendency to get caught up in the shape, edge, value and colour of each object in my scene as I get to them without necessarily considering them all together as a unit -how each impacts each other and how each fits into the cohesive whole of the painting. This means that sometimes less important elements are treated with too much importance. I think this will be a key to my simplifying my paintings while maintaining a strong focus.
Enjoy!

To purchase this, or commission your own painting, please email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment