Thursday

"Tree Lace", plein air oil painting

"Tree Lace", plein air oil painting, 10 x 8"
$495.00, oil on board in dark plein air frame, FREE S&H

This is my third painting from my paintout with Sheila. This was what I saw behind me when I turned around from the "September Marshes" scene. The late summer has been so hot that the leaves on the trees and bushes are just drying instead of turning wonderful colours, which is too bad, but it does give some interesting colours never the less.

Workshop Lesson #13: The workshop reminded me what it was like to be a beginner, and I think that will make me a better teacher. For me teaching is all about trying to encourage students' strengths and individuality, rather than trying to make them paint like me. Their personal style emerges as they decide how to apply the basics to their work. Sometimes it is hard to watch them struggle, but they need to make their own choices if their work is to be original.

Enjoy!

To purchase this, or commission your own painting, please email me.

2 comments:

  1. Sharon, I love how each of your paintings evolved! This day leaves me with memories of the sound of crickets, curious farmers in sunglasses, approaching shadows and how we only have to LOOK AROUND to see the beauty surrounding us.
    Happy Painting
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete