Wednesday

"Fall Abstract", abstract landscape painting by Sharon Lynn Williams

"Fall Abstract", abstract landscape painting, 12 x 12"
SOLD

This is one of the paintings that I did at the Gerald Brommer workshop I just attended. It is based on my painting "Early Evening Shadows" posted on July 8, 2009, which has been sold. First we painted all kinds of oriental papers with acrylics in an assortment of colours, varying the values and intensities of each colour family. Then we glued them on in a rough fashion and then painted back into them to develop the compositional planes. Great fun and very creative as you have no idea where the painting will lead you.

Here it is in its frame. This painting is another that will be for sale at my upcoming Calyx show this Saturday (see invitation in the side bar)

Enjoy!

To purchase this, or commission your own painting, please email me.

2 comments: