Tuesday

"Roses Return", semi-abstract acrylic painting by Sharon Lynn Williams

This is an 'in process' photo of one of the paintings that I did for my Mixed Media class. We were exploring making surface texture with Golden mediums. This piece was initially coated with Soft Gel Gloss and then various things were imprinted into it, then it was left to dry completely -actually this was a start from several years ago, that I didn't have a clue what to do with : ) Then I put layers of transparent colour (Quin Gold, Quin burnt sienna and Thalo turquoise) in a random fashion all over the place. I 'saw' what could be the centre of a rose, so I developed it that way. Some calligraphic marks state 'roses'.

"Roses Return", mixed media painting, 12 x 16"
$425 framed, FREE S&H

I did more calligraphic brush strokes with paint and then played around a bunch, trying to find an armature/understructure to hang it all on. I think the grid is a nice foil for all the rounded shapes in the painting. The calligraphic lines move throughout the painting, leading the eye. I took these photos in my studio where the light was coming from above, so it really picked up the imprinted textures. Click on the images to see larger versions.

Enjoy!

To purchase this painting, or to commission your own painting, please email me.

4 comments:

  1. neat to see how you resolved this one! The "greenness" is tamed! I like...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful!!! Love all that is happening in the piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharon,

    I really like your work. Strong patterns and a wide variety of colors make for great semi-abstract works. Bravo!

    Micah

    micahmullen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete