Friday

More class work

Ok, I know this doesn't look like much, but it took me 5 HOURS, yes that's FIVE, to do. I started with a simple flower that one of the students put up. Then I put it on a coloured background and erased a lot of the photos actual background. Then I went hunting for some interesting Photoshop brushes, downloaded a bunch, didn't have a clue what they would look like, so it took forever to choose one and then decide how to use it. Then I painted with coloured lines on the flower and wrote the word with a mouse (hard to write well with such a clumsy tool). This isn't totally mine as I got the idea and a tiny bit of a headstart by a wonderful designer Caryl Wyatt. She has an amazing story that you can read if you click her name.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon ~ I am a classmate in D.J.'s class. Nice to meet you! I'm trying to pull myself away from the computer and get the house clean. This stuff is addicitng! ~ Violet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Violet: Don't I know it! I did managae to NOT look at my computer today until after I had gone out painting. So now there will be 2 new paintings to view coming up. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just spent some time catching up on your blog and now feel like a sloth. Your energy and curiosity are boundless!
    I loved the little winter plein air.
    That's fortitude.
    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete