Thursday

"Take Another Look", watercolour painting by Sharon Lynn Williams

"Take Another Look", watercolour painting, 11 x 14"
$225.00 archivally matted, FREE S&H

This is another watercolour I did during my class's venture into abstraction. After making the painting, which had a strong cruciform design, I thought the result was good, but not WOW. So I decided to impose a frame-on-frame compostition on top of the cruciform. I did this by using the theory of 'counter-change', which has a shape that changes from dark against light in one area to light against dark in another. I did this by lifting the paint in areas and painting darker in others. The end result makes you 'take another look', hence the title.

Enjoy!

To purchase this, or commission your own painting, please email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment