Sunday

New oil painting from Carol Marine workshop

"Cracked Up", 6 x 6" oil painting on 3/4" masonite
SOLD

This is my last painting from the Carol Marine workshop. Carol had done a demo of a cracked egg in the morning, so thought I would take the opportunity to try my hand at it. I had the hardest time trying to show that you were looking into the shell on the left, rather than the outside of it, but I think I got it in the end. All a question of values and hard vs soft edges. A lot of learning in this painting. The shells were way harder than the yolk.

I have just joined Daily Paintworks and they will be holding auctions for paintings for me. I will try to list the starting price of the auctions here on my blog. This is a very good way to pick up some very cool unframed artworks at extremely reasonable prices. Payment is made through PayPal, so it is all very secure.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Wow , Sharon . YOu nailed this piece. It looks incredible. Well done. I can tell that you really got a lot out of that workshop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding work. I will go and enjoy the rest of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done! I love the yolk and white especially. You really nailed the yolk color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all! It was a really fun painting to do.

    ReplyDelete