Thursday

"Bragg Creek Shacks", New Plein Air Oil painting by Sharon Lynn Williams

"Bragg Creek Shacks", 8 x 10" plein air oil painting
$200 unframed, click here to purchase

This is my latest plein air painting. Ingrid and I went out to Bragg Creek to paint and while our first painting was done in full sun, by the time we got to our second ones, the sky had clouded over and the light became somewhat flat. I was into exploring colourful grays anyway, so this gave me a perfect opportunity. It was actually quite an enjoyable challenge, I hope you enjoy the results!

I also just found out that I was one of the 50 finalists in the FCA Classic Painting Competition! To be selected from 365 other wonderful paintings sure makes me feel great. To see the entries and the finalists, go here.
Share |

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being a finalist! I have just looked at all of them and yours is dazzling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture and congradulations in making it into the show. That was quite a competition and there are sure some lovely pieces. I love the colours in yours.

    ReplyDelete