Thursday

"Bagno Vignoni -Thermal Springs" plein air oil by Sharon Lynn Williams

"Bagno Vignoni -Thermal Springs", 8 x 10" plein air oil
$200 unframed, please click here to purchasePlease Note: The prices on the Tuscany plein air work is a limited time special -I am putting together a show of my Tuscany paintings and any that are unsold from my blog will be framed and hung at gallery prices.


We escaped the rain by going to Bagno Vignoni, as it was the only place that had a large sheltered terrace to paint from. The sun did come out periodically and I was able to quickly catch the light/shadow pattern before the next shower drifted in. These buildings date back to the 1200's, and are still very beautiful. I can just imagine people on a long walking journey to Rome stopping here for the night and taking a healing bath in the  pool.

However, I am afraid that I have to report some BAD NEWS! Yesterday I totally severed my Achilles tendon in my left leg and will be in a cast for the next 6 to 8 weeks.. You ask me how I did this? By tripping over my suitcase in the dark (hadn't put away my stuff after my weekend retreat workshop -which went very well, despite the rain -but that is a story for another day after I get the Tuscany images over with). Needless to say, I am not sure what will happen to plein air painting this summer :-(  But you can be sure, if there is a will, which there is, then I will find a way, somehow!

Enjoy!

To purchase this painting, or commission your own painting, please email me at williamsdotsharonatshawdotca (insert characters for the dot and at!)

Share |

3 comments:

  1. Yikes, sorry to hear about your injury! Looks like painting in the old backyard for a while?
    Take care and heal SOON
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the painting.
    Amazing you can enter the blog only one day after severing your tendon. Those pain killers must be GOOD!
    Happened to me so I send my sympathy with the encouraging news that all will be well.

    ReplyDelete