Saturday

"Athabasca Valley & Snowdome", plein air oil painting by Sharon Lynn Williams


"Athabasca Valley & Snowdome", 7 x 12" plein air oil painting on board
SOLD

This is the only painting that I did on the way home from Jasper. It was such a long drive that we didn't take too much time to stop and paint, plus it was pretty cloudy -but when the sun came out -spectacular!! The drive from Jasper to Banff is the prettiest drive I have ever been on -if you ever get the chance -take it! I would like to do a large painting of this -maybe during this long winter ahead. Right behind this view is the Columbia Icefields -you can see the glacier at the top of the mountain on the right. Amazing, simply amazing!


Enjoy!

To purchase this painting, commission your own painting or contact me to do a workshop in your area, please email me at williamsdotsharonatshawdotca (insert characters for the dot and at!)

Share |

4 comments:

  1. This is spectacular - lucky you.
    I think you captured the grandeur of a place like that, beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Julie!! High praise from such a wonderful artist :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful capture of this fantastic view! I love the entire area and this makes me want to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am truly overwhelmed by the kind comments of some of my favorite online artists!!! Check them out folks!

    ReplyDelete