Wednesday

"Pyramid Mountain - Jasper", plein air oil painting by Sharon Lynn Williams


"Pyramid Mountain - Jasper", 9 x 12" plein air oil on board
$250 unframed, click here to purchase

I almost called this "There's Iron In Them Thar Hills!", but thought it was too long : ) This was the view at 180 degrees from yesterday's post. I was really excited to try to paint the lovely orange in the mountain -after all the grey, it was a delight to my eyes. I began the painting with a wash of transparent iron oxide, which I left to show in the orange bits, and I think it worked out really well.


Enjoy!

To purchase this painting, commission your own painting or contact me to do a workshop in your area, please email me at williamsdotsharonatshawdotca (insert characters for the dot and at!)


Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment