Sunday

"Flow", encaustic abstract painting by Sharon Lynn Williams


Share |
 "Flow", 18 x 24" encaustic on cradled birch panel
SOLD

More playing around with the possibilities that encaustic painting allows. I began with the painting shown below, all done in coloured wax. I used a part of a previous abstract painting that I did as a sketch that I tried to follow with the encaustic. At this point there were up to 7 layers of colour on the panel. I wasn't happy with how it looked and thought I would melt it all and start again. As I was melting it, amazing things began to happen and the painting took on a life of its own. I went with the 'flow' (hence the title) and added more blue and white as it was beginning to look like a waterfall. Then I placed some geometric elements to contrast all the organic stuff happening, and added the letters. This medium is incredible, and not one to be tamed too much me thinks!

Happy Easter everyone!
Enjoy!

To purchase this painting, commission your own painting or contact me to do a workshop in your area, please email me at williamsdotsharonatshawdotca (insert characters for the dot and at!)

No comments:

Post a Comment