Tuesday

Back to Abstraction!


Share |
"Composition #8", 8x8" collage and acrylic paint
SOLD

So we have just had the 4th big snow storm of the season, and it looks like it will be a long winter. I always look forward to this time of year to explore some of my other artistic passions, now that the opportunity for plein air painting has been severely restricted. The winter is a time of "incubation" for me, taking all the input of the landscape from my plein air experiences, and figuring out new ways to reinvent them.

Every once and awhile I return to my love of abstraction, and my favorite medium for that is collage. I have been very inspired by the work of Laura Lein-Svencner over the past year, and that has really sparked my interest. She has some neat methods of painting paper that I have now added to my repertoire. I am also inspired by Jane Davies, Sherrill Kahn and Anne Bagby, as diverse as those artists are. It is good to refresh my personal sense of design, and for that, nothing beats collage.
I have done a series of 8 of these small paintings -4 are at Centre D'Arts Visuels in Edmonton and the other 4 are at Art & Soul Gallery in High River. They are specially priced for Christmas gift giving, so if you are interested, please pop me an email. I will be showing the remaining 7 here over the next week.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment