Sunday

"Le Pigeonnier", plein air oil by Sharon Lynn Williams


"Le Pigeonnier"' 9 x 12" plein air oil done in Frayssinet, France June 27,2014
$250 unframed 

I was delighted to get some time to go exploring with my oils during my workshop with Dreama. This was done on the most perfect of days, after the extreme heat and humidity had been rained off in a tremendous storm the night before. This little silo is actually not a grain silo at all. I was told that back in Medieval times, pigeons were raised for food, and these buildings, which dot the Provence countryside, were created to entice the pigeons to roost there. It sounds funny now, as the last thing most people these days is to encourage pigeons to roost on their property!



Everywhere you look at Le Vieux Couvent, you will find treasures -either provided by nature or by the loving hands of our host Corinne. 


This is our studio space which is assessible 24/7, but not used much by me (except for attending Dreama's amazing demos) as I was far too bushed to paint much after an incredible multi-course dinner, which didn't end until 9:30pm. If it was nice outside, that's where you'd find me.

We have our huge goodbye party/feast/show & tell tonight, and then we leave first thing in the morning. I will be sad to leave this little slice of heaven, but the next journey awaits!

Au Revoir and as always, Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment