Friday

"Waiting for Dinner", oil painting by Sharon Lynn Williams


"Waiting For Dinner", 12 x 12" oil on gesso end Arches oil paper
$300 unframed 

I painted this from a photo in the studio at Le Vieux Couvent in France. I must say right now that I am not very good at painting from photos, but much prefer to paint from life. But I figure that living where I do, I had better figure it out! I have SO many fabulous photos that I have never painted from, because of this hindrance. That is one of the reasons I decided to come to France with Dreama. She works exclusively from photos, except for her watercolour journaling, which is done from life. I was hoping to pick up a few tricks, but I have concluded that, as in everything, practice makes perfect ( or at least as close as I can get to it!) I really struggled with the colour balance in the making of this painting, but after many changes and iterations, I think I can call it finished. I really should try it again from scratch you know....

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment