Saturday

Painting Trip To Mt Assiniboine by Sharon Lynn Williams


"Mt Assiniboine", 12 x 12" plein air oil
$575 beautifully framed
click here to purchase

I was fortuntate to return this summer to Mt Assiniboine for a 4 day painting trip. I love this area as the views are easily accessible and extremely beautiful. This peak is the tallest in the area. Normally one would hike 20km in to get here, but we cheated and took a helicopter in!

"Meadow Lark", 9x12" plein air oil
$495 beautifully framed
click here to purchase

The evening light on our first day at Mt Assiniboine National Park really lit up the colour on this meandering creek.

"Wonder Peak". 6x8" plein air oil UNFRAMED
On auction at DPW beginning at $150
click here to bid

More evening light, this on our second day. You can hike over Wonder Pass for more beautiful views, but I chose to paint rather than hike.

"Mountain Meadow", 9x9" plein air oil
SOLD

Another quick one as the sun was reaching the horizon, setting the landscape ablaze with colour.

These paintings are in my new show in Canmore at Fallen Leaf Gallery. My good friend and painting buddy Patti Dyment and I are having a show of our plein air paintings, most of which we did together this summer. Hope you can drop in to see it!

Enjoy!

Share |

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Sharon: I left a private msg. on your FB page re your books. I learned of them through an email from North Light (I think that's the name of the site). I live in Edmonton ...

    Carole Semkowich

    ReplyDelete