Monday

Still More Altered Book Project Pages

These 2 spreads I did after the round robin exchange was finished -I still have half a dozen spreads left to do! The image of the fossil on the right was in the book. I liked the colours so decided to work with that palette. I painted a shell over top of the text on the left hand page, highlighting some of the words from the book. I made an origami envelope which I collaged onto the page. Inside it says "LESS is MORE". Playing off the theme Four Letter Words, I let the numeral represent the word FOUR. On the right hand page, I took a photo of one of my finished collages, distressed the photo by wetting it and then giving the edges a scrub with sandpaper. I then collaged it on the fossil. To finish the spread, I spritzed it all with my new favorite, apricot coloured Glimmer Mist. ( see a video on how to use this product)


This spread had a photograph on both pages. I thought for a long while about what to do with this, and then I saw where someone had written text around an image, and voila, the idea was there, and I proceeded to write steam of consciousness ideas about what it would be like to live on this island. What fun! I used a silver Sharpie on the dark parts and a blue Sharpie on the light parts. I had fun with the lettering of LAND, following my renewed interest in scripts and calligraphy.

Enjoy!

For more information on this project, feel free to email me!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely work and inspiring ideas. Nice find, coming across your blogspot.

    ReplyDelete