Friday

Still More Lake O'Hara

 "Bear Grass Trails", 12 x 9", plein air oil
$595.00 beautifully framed, free shipping and handling

This one was painted just around the corner from yesterday's post. I was just looking for a place to get out of the wind and get warmed by the sun. As I was walking along the trail, I spotted this view and couldn't resist. Although I was blocking the trail for the hikers, and had to lift up my easel to let them pass, I think it was worth it! The bear grass was a challenge to paint, needing to have their tiny edges softened so they didn't look cut out and pasted on. Thanks Patti for the tip :)

Enjoy!

To purchase this painting, or commission your own painting, please email me.
Share |

1 comment:

  1. Lovely composition. We have just started our rains so it is hard to believe someone could still be out painting in the sun (even if there is some wind). It really makes one think of the beauty and serenity we find in our mountains.

    ReplyDelete