Tuesday

Fishing for the final compostition!

This painting has had more lives than Carter has little liver pills! I thought this was the final painting, but the more I looked at it, the less satisfied I became. Ah, the danger of holding onto a painting too long...

So I had another go at it. I thought that the light pastel opaque areas were too stark, so I glazed over most of the painting with a wash of Quin. Gold. Then played back into it. Thought it was done, but alas, when I saw it as a bitty thumbnail on my camera, I realized it was just too busy...

"Resonances", acrylic, 16 x 20"
SOLD

So I went back into it yet again! This time I brought back some of the light opaques I liked the first time around, and then glazed over other areas to quieten them down. I also felt it worked better turned around 180 degrees -sometimes working abstractly works like that. It is still a bit busy, but my paintings tend to be like that -products of a busy mind...

Enjoy!

To purchase this, or commission your own painting, please email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment