Saturday

"Evening Marsh", plein air oil painting by Sharon Lynn Williams

"Evening Marsh", plein air oil painting, 9x9"
$495.00 framed, FREE S&H

It is now later in the day-by this time the weather has changed to spectacular, the evening sun shinning and the sky clear, so we decided to return to the marsh (see "Summer Respite") to see what it offered now. This view is just a 45 degree turn from the last painting. This went in very quickly and I was thrilled with the contrast of paint thickness in this piece. I have been inspired by Australian artist Herman Pekel DVD I bought, where he brushes in the underpainting in thin turpy paint with a huge fan brush. It really works to speed up the painting I'd say by half -now that IS an improvement.

I am off tomorrow to teach a weeklong Mixed Media workshop at Series in Red Deer, Alberta. That will require quite a mind shift from the plein air work I have been doing, but I look forward to it. I have 10 eager students awaiting me -this really turns me on! I will be taking my camera and laptop so I hope to blog from there to let you take a peek inside the workshop. Wish me luck.


Enjoy!

To purchase this, or commission your own painting, please email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment