Tuesday

"Street Scene -Bagno Vignoni", plein air oil painting by Sharon Lynn Williams

"Street Scene -Bagno Vignoni", 8 x 10" plein air oil painting

This painting is on its way to Estes Park to be included in the Prelude Show for the Plein Air Rockies 2012 painting competition, which I will be taking part in again this August. The show is a wonderful one (if you are in Rocky Mountain National Park, be sure to check it out) and the painting competition is stiff. This year will be particularly challenging with my leg in a cast and on crutches!!

I am off for 2 weeks holiday at our family cottage in Ontario, and will be back Aug 4th. As we don't have an indoor bathroom, let alone the internet, I won't be posting until I get back!!! I have bought myself a palette and gouache to paint with while I am away, figuring that it is a little more portable and easier to work with. I love the look of gouache and I think it just might be a nice meld of watercolour and oil techniques. If anything good turns out, I will post it when I get home.
Have a wonderful rest of July!!

Enjoy!

To purchase this painting, or commission your own painting, please email me at williamsdotsharonatshawdotca (insert characters for the dot and at!)

Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment