Thursday

"Flower Girl", acrylic painting by Sharon Lynn Williams

"Flower Girl", acrylic painting, 12 x 16"
SOLD 

This painting began as a way to use up the leftover paint on my palette after 3 different painting sessions. It was looking kind of interesting, so I decided to pursue it to see what it could become. The cruciform shape began to look like the body of a woman in a kimono, so I gave her a head and then saw that she was holding a pot of flowers. Colours in the lower right and upper left quickly became flowers, and voila, flower girl.

I wanted to let you know that I will be teaching "Introduction to Mixed Media Painting" at Series in Red Deer this summer from July 26 to 30th. You can see the full colour brochure at the link above.

Enjoy!

To purchase this, or commission your own painting, please email me.

2 comments:

  1. Love it Sharon ! It's great when you can make something great from nothing (leftover paint). I did that once in a workshop and the painting turned out to be my favorite for the whole week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind complement. This is probably my favorite way of working -you never know what you will get!

    ReplyDelete