Friday

September News!

Can you believe that summer is over??? It was such a weird summer for me with the cold rain, hot dry and smoke, I spent a lot of the time inside, and didn't even get out to paint plein air once! 

It was an interesting summer for my garden however. I rented a plot at our local community garden where I planted some things I had never tried before: potatoes, red carrots, spagetti squash, celery and broccoli. That garden did great and it was so nice to get to meet other gardeners in my community. In my home gardens, I planted beets, potatoes, snap peas and carrots, which were all attacked by VOLES! One day I went out to check on my 3' high pea crop and it was like someone cut off all the plants 2" above the ground. They didn't eat them, just destroyed them! I now have some bait traps in place to try to rid myself of these destructive rodents, but not before they decimated my entire beet crop. The tops looked great, but when I dug them up, they were all eaten around their centres. As if it isn't hard enough to garden here with Chinooks, cool nights, hail and early frosts! But we gardeners persevere -a nutty bunch.

In order to try to get my art 'out there' to a new clientele, I decided to try the 'tent show' gig this summer. I am now a pro after having 5 of these shows: 2 in Rosebud, 1 at the Leighton Art Centre, 1 at Okotoks and 1 in our community of Oakridge. Now let me tell you, it is a LOT of work, but it was sure fun to meet people who were new to my work. I absolutely loved the comments "What a breath of fresh air!" and "Oh my goodness, I LOVE your colour!!" Here is a pic from one them:
And here is what my tent looks like:
 
New for this year were boxed sets of Hastinote cards with my artwork on them -a great size when you don't want to say too much, but want to show you care! I will have them again at the Elma Street Artwalk (see below), and then they will be available at the Leighton Art Centre.
Exciting News!
I have shared with you, in the last 2 blog posts, about my new series of work based on the sketchbook class I took in the spring. Well the collection has now grown to 17 paintings completed as of today, and a couple more to come hopefully. The largest one is 30x30", which is a big size for an encaustic painting. I have decided to launch this work as a COLLECTION on my website on Saturday, September 11. All the work will be on a special page with links to be able to purchase. As my very special friends, you will have first dibs on the paintings! Also, there will be a special bonus to those who purchase in the first week. If you join my newsletter list now, you will find out all the details. Just go to my website at https://www.sharonlynnwilliams.com and fill in the form. Then you will get a  newsletter on Friday announcing the link and all the details. ❤️ I love a little bit of suspense, don't you?


Exhibitions
I have 2 big showing opportunities this month. The first one is the Elma Street Artwalk in Okotoks. 
The second one is my BIG show at ACCLAIMED FINE ART on September 18 & 19 at Crescent Heights Community Association. I will have a TON of my art there. I hope you will mark it on your calendar and plan to come to the show and have a chat with me all about ART!!

Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment