Friday

Silent Art Auction Fundraiser for an excellent cause!

I can't believe Christmas is almost here -but I am sure you feel the same way! It seemed like September lasted a good long time, and then it has been fast motion since then.

I chalk that up to the fact that I have been very busy, primarily teaching online workshops. I am so encouraged to discover that online teaching has MANY unexpected benefits:
  • I can teach emerging artists from all over the world
  • Nobody has to leave their homes, so they can't forget their supplies
  • and the most important one in my view -the classes are all recorded so that the student can watch the lessons, pause, go back a bit, and paint along with me, and all at a time that works for them!
I am happy to report that sales have been good this quarter, and I have you to thank for that. I am truly honoured when someone choses one of my paintings to grace their walls. I pray it brings them joy whenever they look at it.

Which reminds me...I often hear people say that they wish they could own another painting, but they just don't have any room left on their walls. You know what I say back? I tell them what I do in my own home! I have a large art collection (not just my own work!) and much of it is in storage. Every spring and fall I take all of the art work down. Then I exchange it with the art from storage and put those paintings on the walls. When I take out the art, I remember how much I love it -it's kind of like finding buried treasure! You see, when you keep the same art in the same place all the time, it becomes like white noise, and you fail to even notice it. A fresh rehang will not only brighten your home, it will bring you even greater JOY!

And that brings me to the main purpose of this email! I have begun my Second Annual "Pay What You Want" Christmas Auction! Last years sale was such a success, that I wanted to bless you again by making 14 of my original plein air oil paintings available to you at a 'pay what you want' price. The minimum bid is 25% of the retail value of the work. Brand new this year is a double gifting surprise: 50% of the proceeds of this sale go to support "Inn From The Cold", a local charity that provides support for families that are, or may become, homeless, by finding affordable housing, access to social support services, and temporary emergency shelter if needed. Given our harsh winters here in Calgary, I am thrilled to be able to help people come 'in from the cold' in partnership with you!

 

Take Me To The Christmas Sale!!
The sale begins on Thursday, December 9th at 6pm. I did a Facebook Live event  on my Facebook Business page. I showed the work, and told some of the stories about certain pieces. The sale will end on Wednesday, December 15th at 8pm sharp. 
 
Click the green link above to go to the sales page and read all about how this unique silent auction works, and to view all of the artwork!
This will be my last blog post for 2021. I want to thank you again for all of your support over the course of this very difficult year. I hope that the new year will bring more ways for us to meet again in person, but if not, I am grateful to be able to talk with you here. And please, comment below if you want to share something with me!

I wish you and yours a VERY, VERY, VERY happy holiday season. I pray you will be able to be surrounded by friends and family, and that LOVE will overcome all the things that want to try to separate us these days.
Love
Sharon

Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment